Monday, October 17, 2005

HOUSING WORRIES

truly a play on words, for i have been fretting over a new place to live and worry has been residing in my heart. but after friday i vowed this to the Lord, " you gave erin a house to meet her need. you gave vicki and dave a house to ensure Your will. in seeing the beginning and end and knowing all that falls between, if You deem it best we stay in this house than am i not only accepting but i am joyful. You quieted seas and walked on water. You are the provider and lover of my soul. if being in a new home will wall me from You, let me stay where You have put me. i'm done trying to manipulate the situation and crying for my way and prying your fingers open with my tool of selfishness." this morning we got a call that the house we wanted to rent for a year and then possibly buy has been offered to us. here is what happens when i stop trying to move my life around like a gamepiece on a monopoly board. praise be to Jesus who meets me where i am and loves me despite my lack of belief.

7 Comments:

Blogger crt said...

is it in indianapolis? :-) God is good despite us, isn't he?

3:28 PM  
Blogger serendipity said...

sorry my love. but jeremy may be up your way in a few weeks for some computer conference.

4:25 AM  
Blogger crt said...

neglect your responsibilities, take a couple of days and come and play. we have a big house to romp in...

everyone deserves a day off even teachers.

(i know i'm horrible.)

i am excited for your house. keep us posted on the developments.

6:17 AM  
Blogger elea said...

oh house, house! such a house that is a home. such is a place to call my own.

pray.
tell Him your need.
He wants you to ask.
(read magician's nephew--i think aslan would like for you to ask)

3:36 PM  
Blogger crt said...

elea must be a better friend then i, she didn't advice you to shirk you resposibilities and have a little fun.:-)

6:47 PM  
Blogger serendipity said...

it takes both of you rays of moonglow to keep me going. perhaps i will take a couple days to play- i do so love to romp :) and as for asking aslan- i just finished reading magician's nephew for the 20th time. you would think i would tire of it after working on a senior recital with mrs. st. john learning how to say "milk" properly (which i still don't do). but the magic and conviction still thrill me every time. you are right, elea, asking instead of whining is so much better:)

4:29 AM  
Blogger crt said...

i love being a ray of moonglow for you, dear.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home