Tuesday, March 21, 2006

don't panic- just obey the instructions

yesterday i panicked. i panicked because i could feel old yearnings that i thought had been cast aside creeping into my heart. and so i did something i should do more often. i went straight to Corinithians and read this:

"But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you do not give in to it."

there was my way out. just running to God instead of trying to talk myself into a different direction. and so i just pushed in my chair and on the way over to the gym, i said to the Lord, "show me the way out." and He did. and that panicky feeling was replaced with a sprout of hope and a lot of love. and His whisper stirred my heart and said, "when i say none, i mean none. i AM faithful" yes! yes! yes!

3 Comments:

Blogger elea said...

yes, yes, yes!

i love how it does that in the message....the eternal affirmative.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

that's a great promise, don't ever forget it, we know will not go back on it. along the same lines, i love His promise in Ezekiel 36. we have a heart of flesh now, one that can please God. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

8:38 PM  
Blogger mohlhole said...

something made me think of high school speech class the other day, and of course, i thought of you. it made me realize how much i miss you. thanks for your friendship. it got me through the rough days way back when, and the fact that you're praying gets me through my rough days now.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home